Applications are invited for Fully Funded World Bank Scholarships for women in Uganda. Applications are open for international students to pursue Masters for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||04 June 2018|
|Field of Study||:||Industry, Agriculture, Health, Education, and Applied Statistics.|
Benefits of World Bank Scholarships for women:
- The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- i) University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- ii) Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- iii) Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of the research proposal
- iv) Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- v) Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University.
Eligibility for World Bank Scholarships for women:
- The fellowship is available to female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi.Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- iv) have been admitted in any of the 24 ACEs to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics;
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
3,570 total views, 3 views today