Applications are invited for Fully Funded World Bank Scholarships for women in Uganda. Applications are open for international students to pursue Masters for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||04 June 2018|
|Field of Study||:||Industry, Agriculture, Health, Education, and Applied Statistics.|
Benefits of World Bank Scholarships for women:
- The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- i) University tuition fees: Approximately USD 3,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice)
- ii) Stipend: USD 800 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses
- iii) Research: USD 4,800 to support student research, payable upon approval of the research proposal
- iv) Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
- v) Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of Host University.
Eligibility for World Bank Scholarships for women:
- The fellowship is available to female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi.Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:In order to be eligible for this Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries (Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia) or Burundi
- Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable university in the relevant field, at the level of Upper Second Class Honours
- iv) have been admitted in any of the 24 ACEs to study full-time in any of the priority disciplines of the ACE II Project: (i) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or Industry, (ii) Agriculture, (iii) Health, (iv) Education, and (v) Applied Statistics;
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
3,105 total views, 37 views today