Applications are invited for Ghent University Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for PhD program in Belgium. This scholarships is open for local and international students.
The aim of this scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students.
|Deadline||:||2 October 2017|
|Field of Study||:||Russian literature at the Department of Languages and Cultures.|
Award for Ghent University Fully Funded PhD Scholarships:
- A fully funded four-year fellowship as a Ph.D. student (continuation being subject to positive evaluation after two years);
- A substantial bench fee for research purposes;
- The possibility to acquire academic and transferable skills through Ghent University’s Doctoral School program;
- You will be based in the Department of Languages and Cultures at Ghent University’s Faculty of Arts and Philosophy.
Eligibility for Ghent University Fully Funded PhD Scholarships:
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Slavic and East European studies or an equivalent degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment;
- You have demonstrable interest in (research on) Russian (émigré) literature;
- You have an excellent command of Russian;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- You are interested in participating in a larger research project and have the skills to work both independently as well as in a team;
- You will write and successfully defend a Ph.D. dissertation within the four years of the fellowship;
- You will contribute to the scholarly activities of the research group.
Nationality for Ghent University Fully Funded PhD Scholarships: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.