LMU–CSC Scholarships for Chinese Students in Germany 2018
Applications are invited for LMU–CSC Scholarships for Chinese Students in Germany at the University of Munich in Germany. Application is open for International Students to pursue MPP and MIA degree in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||15 February 2018|
|Field of Study||:||
Benefits for Scholarships for Chinese Students in Germany:
- Scholarship Award: Full scholarship is available.
- Nationality: Chinese students
- Number of Scholarships: Within the framework of an exclusive agreement between LMU Munich and CSC more than 200 doctoral students of various disciplines from Biology to Sociology have been granted scholarships for doctoral studies since 2005.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for Scholarships for Chinese Students in Germany:
Eligible Countries: Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
1. General requirements
- Candidates must be citizens of the PR of China.
- Age limit: 35 years; for specific doctoral programs at LMU this age limit might vary.
- Candidates must have completed a research Master program before the commencement of the program. The Master qualification can be from a University in China or another country (i.e. Germany, US. etc.)
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors.
2. Academic background
Candidates must have an excellent academic background. To prove this, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidates must pursue their master study at one of the top-level Chinese universities or research institutions. Universities of “985 project” are preferred.
- Candidates must have a bachelor and master degree with “80” or above in the Chinese grading system.
3. Language requirements
- If German is the language of tuition and of the dissertation, i.e. in Law, Communications Science, Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy, good German language skills are required. Candidates must provide proof of their German proficiency by means of an acknowledged language test such as: “Test-DAF” with the minimum result of “4” in all parts of the examination, or “DSH”, level 2.
- If English is the language of tuition and of the dissertation the following acknowledged language tests are accepted:
English language certificate of the IELTS Test Academic 6.5 (no module below 6) or 90 in the TOEFL iBT Test.
- Also for programs taught in English, basic knowledge of German is highly recommended.
4. Acceptance by a professor of LMU
Candidates must hold a written acceptance of a supervisor at LMU. The acceptance letter must refer to a specific structured doctoral program or, in the case of individual research projects, to a specific doctoral project. In the case of the “Sandwich-Model”, the Chinese supervisor must advocate the period of research at LMU.