Applications are invited for University Summer Courses Scholarships to pursue bachelors and masters degree in Germany. Application is open for international students in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 December 2017|
|Course Level||:||Bachelor and Masters degree|
|Field of Study||:||Summer language courses|
Benefits for University Summer Courses Scholarships:
- One-off scholarship payment of 850 euros; participants from the countries defined by the “OECD-DAC-List” (Least Developed Countries) receive a scholarship of 1,025 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe), see: travel allowance)
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Please note: Course fees and accommodation expenses are usually deducted directly from scholarship payments by the language course provider so that the grant holder is possibly paid only the difference to the full amount of the scholarship by the course provider.
Eligibility for University Summer Courses Scholarships:
- Applications are open to students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- Neither graduates holding a Master’s degree nor PhD students are eligible for this programme.
Nationality: Students of Afghanistan, Côte d’Ivoire, Albania, Anguilla, Angola, Ghana, Algeria, Antigua, Barbuda, Bangladesh, Kenya, Armenia, Argentina, Benin, Korea, Dem. Rep., Azerbaijan, Barbados, Bhutan, Kyrgyz Rep., Bolivia, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belize, Burundi, Pakistan, Cameroon, Botswana, Cambodia, Papua New Guinea, Cape Verde, Brazil, Central African Rep., Tajikistan, China, Chile, Chad, Uzbekistan, Colombia, Cook Islands, Comoros, Vietnam, Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Congo Dem. Rep., Zimbabwe, Dominican Republic, Croatia, Djibouti, Ecuador, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Dominica, Eritrea, El Salvador, Fiji, Ethiopia, Former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia,Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Grenada, Guinea, Guatemala, Jamaica, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Kazakhstan, Haiti, Honduras, Lebanon, Kiribati, India, Libya, Laos, Indonesia, Malaysia, Lesotho, Iran, Mauritius, Liberia, Iraq, Mayotte, Madagascar, Jordan, Mexico, Malawi, Kosovo, Montenegro, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Montserrat, Mali, Micronesia, Federated States Nauru, Mauritania, Moldova, Oman, Mozambique, Mongolia, Palau, Myanmar, Morocco, Panama, Nepal, Namibia, Serbia, Niger, Nicaragua, Seychelles, Rwanda, Niue, South Africa, Samoa, Palestinian Administered Areas, St. Helena São Tomé and Príncipe, Paraguay, St. Kitts-Nevis Senegal, Peru, St. Lucia, Sierra Leone, Philippines, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Somalia, Swaziland, Trinidad and Tobago, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, Tanzania, Thailand, Uruguay, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Venezuela, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu, Tunisia, Uganda, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, Ukraine, Yemen, Wallis and Futuna and Zambia cab apply for can apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- Applicants must be registered at a university in their home country or in the country they are currently studying in (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins.
- An applicant may only be considered once in any three consecutive years for a DAAD Intensive Language Course or University Summer Course Grant.
- It is not possible to apply simultaneously for an Intensive Language Course and University Summer Course Grant.
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided wirh the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onDaF, TestDaF, GI-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.