Applications are invited for fully funded Yenching Academy Scholarships at University of Peking in China. Application is open for local and international students for this scholarship in 2018.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Providers||:||University of Peking|
|Course Level||:||Post Graduate|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits for Yenching Academy Scholarships:
- Enrolled international students spend 12 months in residence at the Yenching Academy, with the possibility to extend for a second year
- For students from China (including Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan), the program lasts 24 months
- Upon completion of their year in residence, students have up to one more year to finalize projects and defend their thesis
- During this period, students in good academic standing may apply for a limited number of Teaching, Research, or Administrative Assistantships
- In addition, Dean’s Research Grants will be awarded on a bi-annual basis to help fund selected research projects related to China Studies.
Eligibility for Yenching Academy Scholarships:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Preference is given to candidates age 25 or younger as of August 31 of the year they wish to enroll. For students from countries with mandatory military service, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
Eligible Regions for Yenching Academy Scholarships: International, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Candidates.
Number of Scholarships: The Yenching Academy annually enrolls approximately 125 new students from both China and abroad, to study, live, and learn together.