The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) is offering a PhD position: “Cell biological aspects of liver cell entry of hepatitis C virus and Plasmodium”. The position is fully funded by the German Research foundation (DFG) for a period of three years.
The HZI offers a unique research environment in the field of infection biology, excellent state of the art equipment, a stimulating scientific community and intensive training of scientific and personal skills.
The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres, the largest scientific organization in Germany.
|Deadline||:||28 February 2017|
|Providers||:||Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI)|
|Course Level||:||PhD programme.|
|Field of Study||:||Position is awarded to work on the project “Cell biological aspects of liver cell entry of hepatitis C virus and Plasmodium”.|
The position is fully funded by the German Research foundation (DFG) for a period of three years. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in one of the international graduate schools of the Hannover-Braunschweig area (ZIB, HBRS, GS-FIRE).
- Master’s Degree/Diploma in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, or a related field of the life sciences
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- A strong desire to do research with high self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Pronounced interest in infectious disease research
- Affinity to advanced techniques (live cell imaging, high-resolution mass spectrometry, bioinformatics)
Applications from Germany can apply for this PhD Position.