Applications are invited for HIF International Fellowship to carry out non-degree research programs at Hosei University under the direction of and/or in cooperation with Hosei faculty and researchers. Invitations are extended to young scholars from abroad who are, at the least, enrolled in a doctoral degree program.
In 1980, Hosei University in anticipation of the 100th anniversary of its founding, established the Hosei International Fund (HIF) to advance international cooperation in academic research and scholarship.
HOSEI University was selected by the Japanese government to receive support under the 2014 Top Global University Project. The following is an overview of their efforts to create a global university with the vision to achieve a sustainable society, as a world-leading country in terms of problem-solving.
Candidate must have good knowledge of Japanese or English language.
|Deadline||:||2 June 2017|
|Course Level||:||Research Scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||Research areas include those studies in the humanities, social or natural sciences, or engineering as deemed acceptable by Hosei.|
- Fellowship Grant: An HIF Fellow can receive ¥300,000 each month
- Travel Grant and Other Perquisites: An HIF Fellow can receive all or part of economy class transportation expenses for travel to and from Japan. The travel subsidy for round-trip travel is ¥300,000 maximum (or up to ¥150,000 for one way travel). To receive the inbound travel subsidy, the researcher must be living outside Japan; to receive the outbound subsidy a researcher must leave Japan within 30 days of completion of the research program. An HIF Fellow may receive assistance in his/her research from the research advisor, participate in lectures and seminars, and use other facilities of Hosei University. An HIF Fellow will be provided with shared office space, PC, and a Hosei University network ID.
- Housing: Hosei University will provide, upon request, a furnished apartment. However, the rent (approximately ¥100,000 per month) must be borne by the Fellow. (Note that rental expenses are subject to change).
- Be foreign national (includes stateless person, foreign national currently residing in Japan)
- Be presently enrolled in a doctoral degree program, hold a Doctorate, or its equivalent as recognized by the University
- Have sufficient fluency in either Japanese or English
- Be no more than 39 years of age as of April 1, 2018
- Not have been a previous recipient of this fellowship
Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must be presently enrolled in a doctoral degree program, hold a doctorate or its equivalent as recognized by the University
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidate must have good knowledge of Japanese or English language.