Applications are invited for Fully Funded Asia Foundation Development Fellowship in Asia and USA. Application is open for Asian students in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||20 November 2017|
The Asia Foundation
|Course Level||:||This is a year long fellowship program involving intensive learning modules-short courses, conferences and study tours in Asia and the USA.|
|Field of Study||:||The program provides an unparalleled opportunity to strengthen their leadership skills and gain in-depth knowledge of Asia’s critical development challenges. The program is designed to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure.|
Benefits for Fully Funded Asia Foundation Development Fellowship:
All program expenses are covered, including costs for coursework and programming, airfares and local transportation, lodging and meals, visa fees, and health and accident insurance. Fellows also receive a Professional Development Award of up to US$5,000 for their own personalized professional development plan.
Number of Scholarships:
The next cohort of Asia Foundation Development Fellows will consist of 12 individuals. The number of Fellows may increase in subsequent years.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Asia Foundation Development Fellowship:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1 of the fellowship year (year following application deadline);
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where the Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
Resident nationals or citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be under 40 years of age by January 1 of the fellowship year (year following application deadline).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required).