Applications are invited for Fully Funded Korean Government Scholarship Program in 2018. Application is open for students of 167 countries for this scholarship. Up to 170 scholarships are available for undergraduate course and 700 scholarships are available for masters and PhD degree programme.
The Korean Government Scholarship Program aims to encourage and support academically able and talented students as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries.
|Deadline||:||Deadline varies for each Korean embassy and university|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits for Fully Funded Korean Government Scholarship:
- Airfare: Entry to Korea: an economy class flight ticket to Korea, Return flight: an economy class flight ticket from Korea to KGSP grantee’s home country, The airfare for entry will NOT be provided to scholars who have resided in Korea from the time of applying and on, The return flight is available only for the KGSP grantees who successfully complete their degree coursework, The return flight is NOT offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship, Any fees incurred in the domestic travel within a KGSP grantee’s home country are NOT covered, International travel insurance is NOT covered, The flight tickets for the Chinese and Czech KGSP grantees will be prepared and provided by the Chinese and the Czech governments, according to the agreements with the Korean government.
- Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW
- Research Allowance – Liberal Arts and Social Science Degrees: 210,000 KRW per semester – Science, Technology and Engineering Degrees: 240,000 KRW per semester
- Language Training Fees: Fully covered
- Degree Tuition: Fully covered – Tuition up to 5 million KRW is covered by NIIED, and the amount that exceeds 5 million is covered by the host university. – The KGSP grantees are waived from the admission fees of the universities.
- Dissertation Printing Fee Reimbursement – The actual cost of printing as written on the receipt will be reimbursed. – The maximum amount is 500,000 KRW for degrees in Liberal Arts and Social Science and 800,000 KRW for degrees in Science, Technology and Engineering.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 KRW per month 13
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month – This special funding is available for KGSP grantees with levels 5 and 6 on TOPIK.
- Scholarship Completion Grants: 200,000 KRW – It is offered for the KGSP grantees who return to their home countries after completing their degree coursework under the scholarship. – It is not offered for the KGSP grantees who decide to stay in Korea after the completion of their degree coursework.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Korean Government Scholarship:
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously enrolled in a university in Korea are not eligible to apply to the KGSP program. Specifically, an applicant who has previously enrolled in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a KGSP scholar who has graduated can apply for this program again only via the embassy and only if he/she holds a TOPIK score of at least Level 4 and obtains another recommendation from the Korean Embassy of his/her respective country of origin (re-application is limited to one instance).
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
International students can apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program.
List of Countries: China, United States of America, Indonesia, Russia, Vietnam, Japan, India, Brazil, Myanmar, Ecuador, Bulgaria, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Colombia, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Senegal, Serbia, Taiwan, The United Kingdom, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Afghanistan, Argentina, Armenia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Democratic Republic of the Congo, El Salvador, Finland, France, Gabon, Georgia, Hungary, Iraq, Jordan, Nepal, Oman, Republic of South Africa, Rwanda, Singapore, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Venezuela, Algeria, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Botswana, Burundi, Canada(Quebec), Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Fiji, Gambia, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iran, Ireland, Jamaica, Kuwait, Kenya, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Malawi, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, the Bahamas, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Uruguay, Zambia , Zimbabwe, Albania, Angola, Bahrain, Barbados, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Estonia, Guinea-Bissau, Greenland, Guyana, Haiti, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Montenegro, Namibia, Nicaragua, Niger, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Republic of Seychelles, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Sao Tome Principe, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, United Arab Emirates, France, Australia, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland,Uzbekistan, Mongolia, Thailand, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Ghana, India, Kyrgyzstan, Cameroon, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tanzania, Turkey, Egypt, Poland, Romania, The United States, Uganda, Yemen, Azerbaijan, Colombia, Guinea, Hungary, Laos, Liberia, Peru, Senegal, Algeria, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, France, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Lithuania, Mauritania, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Spain, Tajikistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United Kingdom, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Zambia, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bhutan, Bulgaria, Gabon, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Maldives, Paraguay, Republic of the Congo, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, and Timor-Leste.