Applications are invited for Government of Canada Doctoral Scholarships in Canada. Applications are open for foreign students to pursue PhD degree in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 November 2018|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree|
|Field of Study||:||The scholarships are aimed at foreign students who had been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields. To be eligible, applicants must specialize in the following areas:
• Information and communication technologies
• Health technologies
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Government of Canada Doctoral Scholarships:
- The FRQNT board of directors reserves the right to modify the value of scholarships at any time, without notice, notably in accordance with the credits annually allocated by the Assemblée nationale du Québec, its strategic priorities and budgetary process.The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is 21 000 $. Within the eligibility period of twelve semesters or 48 months, a scholarship holder may receive a maximum of twelve installments for a total of 84 000 $. Each payment of up to 7 000 $ covers a period of four months or one semester. The 11th and 12th installments are conditional on the initial deposit of the thesis before the end of the 12th financed semester.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International students
Eligibility for Government of Canada Doctoral Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International students except from Canada can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Meet all eligibility criteria by the competition deadline;
- Have been preselected by a Québec university.
- Not have obtained a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from the Ministère de l’Education et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) or from one of the Fonds de recherche du Québec.
- Not be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration laws.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.