Applications are invited for Slovak Government National Scholarship Programme for International Students in the Slovak Republic. Applications are open to pursuing research at higher education institutions and research organizations in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 October 2018|
|Study in||:||Slovak Republic|
|Providers||:||Government of the Slovak Republic|
|Course Level||:||Scholarship supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists at universities and research organizations in Slovakia.|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Slovak Government National Scholarship Programme:
- The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related t+o staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations3 in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
a) University student 350 € b) PhD student 580 € c) University teacher/researcher/artist:
- without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist
- with PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist
- To determine the monthly scholarship amount (in case of university teachers, researchers and artists) with regard to their work experience, only work experience until the day of the application deadline is taken into consideration.
- PhD studies are considered as work experience (max. 6 years of PhD studies can be considered as work experience).
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Nationality for Slovak Government National Scholarship Programme:
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility for Slovak Government National Scholarship Programme:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:A) Students who:
- Are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (PhD) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
C) International university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
English Language Requirements for Slovak Government National Scholarship Programme:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
1,791 total views, 26 views today