Applications are invited for Facebook Internship Program for PhD Students in USA. Interns must be pursuing a PhD in Computer Science or related field. This scholarships is open for international students. This is an unpaid internship program.
The aim of this scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students.
|Field of Study||:||Core Data Science|
Eligibility for Facebook Internship Program:
Interns should follow the criteria below:
- Minimum: Pursuing Ph.D. in CS or related technical field
- Must be returning to school for at least one semester/quarter post internship
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018.
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.