Applications are invited for Hasselt University Scholarships to pursue masters degree in Beligium. Applications is open for students of developing countries in 2018-2019 academic year.
The Flemish Interuniversity Council offers 12 scholarships each year at Hasselt University. Hasselt University’s Master of Statistics acquired accreditation from the prestigious Royal Statistical Society.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 March 2018|
|Providers||:||Flemish Interuniversity Council|
|Course Level||:||Masters degree|
|Field of Study||:||Statistics|
Benefits for Hasselt University Scholarships:
The Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS) offers 12 scholarships each year for ICP Master’s programme Master of Statistics.
Costs covered by the scholarship
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Eligibility for Hasselt University Scholarships:
- Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger; Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam and Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
- Age: The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
Nationality: ICP scholarships are available for applicants from the following 31 eligible countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
College Admission Requirement for Hasselt University Scholarships:
Entrance Requirement: Students should hold at least a university diploma or degree certificate or a diploma of higher education equivalent to a bachelor degree (180 ECTS credit points). Applications of holders of a bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, computer sciences, chemistry, biology, life sciences, bio-, business-, civil engineering, medicine, sociology, psychology, artificial intelligence, biotechnology with a sufficiently strong background in mathematics and statistics can apply.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Candidates who wish to apply have to demonstrate the good command of the English language, both spoken and written. English language skills need to be confirmed by a recent score on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or any recognised proficiency test:
- A TOEFL score report (paper-based: score 550 or more, computer-based: score 213 or more, internet-based: score 79-80)
- IELTS certificate (overall band score 6.0)
The English Language Test can be waived on the basis of an interview or if English language proficiency is proven otherwise (e.g. if education or part of it was in English or if English is a national language in your home country).
3,418 total views, 3 views today