Applications are invited for Oort Master Scholarships at Leiden University in Netherlands. Application is open for International Students to pursue masters degree Program in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 October 2018 (for students starting in February) and
1 February 2018 (for students starting in September)
|Course Level||:||Master degree|
|Field of Study||:||Astronomy|
Benefits for Oort Master Scholarships:
The Oort scholarship is for one year, with conditional renewal for a second year upon successful completion of the first year. For a full scholarship, the tuition fee for the Astronomy Research master’s programme will be reduced to the amount of the home fee and you will receive an allowance of up to €11,000 per year for living costs. Partial scholarships may also be awarded. The Oort scholarship is paid as a monthly allowance. If applicants stop your Astronomy master’s studies for whatever reason, the Oort scholarship payments will be stopped directly.
Eligibility for Oort Master Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must be a student with a non-Dutch nationality
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in astronomy or physics.
- Applicants previous study results should be of outstanding academic merit
- Applicants have no other financial support (e.g. scholarships, grants) for Applicants master’s study
- Applicants are planning to obtain Applicants master’s degree in any of the following research specialisations: Astronomy Research, Astronomy and Cosmology, Astronomy and Instrumentation or Astronomy and Data Science.
English Language Requirements for Oort Master Scholarships:
The candidate should have a very good command of English language.
278 total views, 5 views today