Applications are invited for Harvard University Free Online Courses on Data Science in 2017.Application is open for local and international students for this scholarship. In this programming course, University will be using the R software environment for all our analysis.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Course Starts||:||29 September 2017|
|Providers||:||Harvard University and edx|
|Course Level||:||Online degree|
|Field of Study||:||Data Analysis & Statistics|
About Harvard University Free Online Courses:
The unprecedented advance in digital technology during the second half of the 20th century has produced a measurement revolution that is transforming the world. However, interpreting information extracted from these massive and complex data sets requires sophisticated statistical skills as one can easily be fooled by patterns arising by chance. This has greatly elevated the importance of statistics and data analysis.
Benefits for Harvard University Free Online Courses:
In this programming course, University will be using the R software environment for all our analysis. You will learn R and data analysis techniques simultaneously. We will introduce basic R syntax to get you going. However, rather than cover every R skill you need, we introduce just enough so that you can follow along. Upcoming courses in this series will provide more in depth coverage, building upon what you learn here. We believe that you can better retain R knowledge when you learn it to solve a specific problem.
- Introduction to the R programming language including basic R syntax
- How to employ different structures for variables, vectors, and arithmetic functions in R
- How to perform operations in R including coercion, sorting, data frame creation, and the pipe command
- How to use R to manipulate data, create plots, and perform basic programming
Rafael Irizarry is a Professor of Biostatistics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and a Professor of Biostatistics and Computational Biology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99