The Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia is inviting applications for up to 23 PhD positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. Italian, as well as International (EU and Non-EU) students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
These scholarships aim to assist high achieving and highly motivated home and international students.
The University of Pavia is a university located in Pavia, Lombardy, Italy. The University of Pavia is one of the oldest universities in Europe. The University of Pavia is in a way unique not only because of its prestigious historical origins and top quality achievements but also due to its leading and promoting role in the so-called “Pavia System.
|Deadline||:||23 August 2017|
|Providers||:||Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree programs|
|Field of Study||:||Positions are awarded for the following fields of study:
Uncertainty and Risk Assessment Area
PhD in Understanding and Managing Extremes
Cognitive, Social and Behavioural Sciences Area
Scholarship Award for PhD Degree:
The scholarships have the duration of the PhD Course of interest and are awarded for the 1st Year and confirmed on a yearly basis for admission to the subsequent year subject to the decision by the Teaching Board of the individual programmes. The annual amount of the scholarship is € 13.638,47, including National Social Security Contributions (INPS). This amount is exempt from the IRPEF tax and it is subject to the payment of National Social Security contribution (INPS “gestione separata”), of which two-thirds are paid by the administration and one-third by the PhD student.
Number of Scholarships: 23 positions available.
Eligibility for PhD Degree:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Candidates with the academic qualifications set forth below may take part in the selection process, without citizenship restrictions:
- Master degree
- Similar academic qualification obtained abroad, issued by an Academic Institution officially recognized that gives the admission to the PhD Programme in the foreign Country, just declared to be equivalent by the Italian authorities or recognized as comparable by the Admission Committee to the Italian qualification in terms of duration and content and deemed eligible for the purposes of taking part in the competition.
- Individuals who have not obtained their qualification by the announcement deadline but who will obtain it by 30th September may also take part in the selection process.
- Candidates holding a qualification obtained in Italy
- All candidates holding an academic qualification obtained at an Italian University, whether they be EU citizens or citizens of Non-European Union Countries, are required to self-certify their qualification and are eligible for the selection process subject to verification of the self-certified declarations.
- Candidates holding a qualification obtained abroad ( EU and NON – EU Countries )
- All candidates holding a qualification obtained abroad (NON-EU Countries) are required to submit a legalized copy of their original degree certificate along with a translation unless written in English/French/Spanish. Admission to the Programme for candidates holding a foreign qualification obtained in a NON-EU Country is in any case conditional on verification of the qualification held, which is carried out on the basis of the “ Dichiarazione di valore in loco ” [ “ Declaration of local value”] issued by the Italian diplomatic mission competent in that territory. Candidates holding an academic degree awarded abroad in the EU Countries are required to submit the Diploma Supplement.
Nationality for PhD Degree:
Italian, as well as International (EU and Non-EU) students, are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
844 total views, 1 views today