Czech Republic Scholarship at University of South Bohemia for PhD Students
Applications are invited for Czech Republic Scholarship at University of South Bohemia for PhD Students. This scholarships is open for international students for academic year 2017/2018.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 November 2017|
|Providers||:||University of South Bohemia|
|Field of Study||:||Aquaculture, fish genetics, and reproduction, fisheries, water protection, hydrobiology, aquatic toxicology etc.|
Award for Czech Republic Scholarship:
Value of the scholarship:
- It is a daily study with a minimum of 25 days of vacation + 12 days of national holiday.
• The study is free of charge – when you study in the standard period.
• Under this study, a scholarship will be paid to you.
• You will get a minimal workload at our faculty of 10 %. Under certain condition, it might be up to 100 %.
• Your average monthly income (scholarship + salary) will be about 13,000 – 15,000 CZK. Excellent students can have income even more than 20,000 CZK.
• It is a Czech program, but applicants from worldwide can be admitted to this program. Knowledge of Czech language is not an obligation. It is enough when you speak English.
Eligibility for Czech Republic Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- All applicants, whose application will not be excluded by the admission committee due to formal deficiencies, will be invited for the admission interview. The admission interview can take place in justified cases with the use of electronic communication technologies. In that case, however, the applicant bears the risks associated with the evaluation due to the poor quality of the connection. The applications of candidates who don´t appear for the interview without excuse will be excluded from the admission procedure. Applicants, who are unable to attend the interview, apologize in time and the excuse is accepted by the Dean, will be assessed by the admission committee in their absence based on the supplied materials.
- The applicant must demonstrate a sufficiently wide base of general knowledge in animal biology, fisheries, and water ecology during the admission interview. Knowledge of basic fishery literature with a clear idea of the topic of his/her PhD thesis and the ways of dealing with the given issues, plus a strong interest in scientific work are expected. An integral part of the admission interview is verification of the ability to communicate in the English language.
- The admission committee assigns 0-10 points to the applicant on the basis of the oral interview. Another 0-20 points will be assigned to the applicant on the basis of information about previous education, experience, publication and pedagogical activity etc. In this evaluation, the committee of the admission procedure will also take into account the position of the head of the relevant organizational unit of the faculty, where the student is going to work. The evaluation itself will be created by the average of the points proposed by the present members of the committee, rounded to two decimal places. Applicants, who do not receive more than 15 points, cannot be admitted to study.
- If more than one applicant is assigned to the topic of the dissertation, the candidate who receives the highest score will be accepted. In the case of the same number of points, the lot decides about the selected applicant. If one candidate is assigned to a given topic and he/she obtains at least 15 points from the admission committee, he/she will be accepted for study after the other conditions are fulfilled. Applicants who gain more than 15 points, but the topic of the PhD thesis they have applied for will be filled by an applicant with a higher number of points, will be offered the opportunity to accept free topics of the PhD thesis if their supervisors are interested. Offering topics of vacant dissertations will be done according to the instructions of supervisors who issue them.
- The admission procedure for the doctoral field of study Fishery will take place in the English language; other conditions for the admission procedure to doctoral study remain consistent with the ones mentioned above. Fees for study in the English language are determined by the Dean of the faculty in a separate decision in advance before the term for submission of applications (30th November 2017).
- Applicants, who receive more than 15 points from the admission committee are placed among the admitted students or agree on the admission to a free topic, and meet other conditions for admission, will receive notification of acceptance.
- Applicants, who receive more than 15 points from the admission committee and are placed in the number of admitted students, or agree on the admission to a free topic, but do not meet the conditions for admission (it concerns applicants who do not have terminated master´s education at the time of the interview or do not have recognized foreign education in the Czech Republic), will be informed that they have met the conditions for admission and will be accepted after all conditions have been met.
- Applicants, who do not receive more than 15 points from the admission committee or are not placed among the admitted students and are not offered other free topic of the Ph.D. thesis, or students who do not meet other conditions (in particular with regard to evidence of master´s education under the above conditions), will not be admitted to study.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The admission procedure for the doctoral field of study Fishery will take place in the English language; other conditions for the admission procedure to doctoral study remain consistent with the ones mentioned above.
English Language Requirements: It is a Czech program, but applicants from worldwide can be admitted to this program. Knowledge of Czech language is not an obligation. It is enough when you speak English.