Applications are invited for DAAD PhD Scholarship Program in Germany for the academic year 2017-2018. Non-German Citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 December 2017|
|Providers||:||German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)|
|Field of Study||:||Scholarships are awarded in the “Ancient Philosophy and History of Ancient Science” and “Languages and Cultures of the Silk Road” programs at the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS).|
Award for DAAD PhD scholarship:
In accordance with DAAD guidelines, doctoral scholarship holders receive a basic monthly stipend of 1.000 Euros, a travel allowance, a combined health, accident and liability insurance policy, allowances for study and research and, where applicable, rent and family allowances, as well as financial support for a pre-sessional language course.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to two doctoral scholarships are available.
Eligibility for DAAD PhD scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The call is open only to applicants
- Who are not German citizens
- Who have not resided in Germany continuously for longer than 12 months as of the application deadline
- Their last final exam (Master Degree) should have taken place no longer than six years ago.
- Dissertation proposals: For the Ancient Philosophy pathway of the program we particularly welcome dissertation proposals, which involve both philosophy and one or more special sciences (including mathematics, medicine, and other disciplines that we might not today consider special sciences, such as grammar or divination). For the History of Ancient Science pathway of the program we also (but not exclusively) welcome dissertation proposals that consider philological, social and cultural aspects of the ancient sciences, both in the Greco-Roman and in the ancient Near Eastern, Early-Christian and Islamic world.
- Language skills: Candidates are expected to have sufficient command of the relevant ancient languages for their dissertation project. Since the language of instruction is predominantly English, their English should be good enough to join discussions and write papers.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates must hold an outstanding Master’s degree, or equivalent degree, in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion.
English Language Requirements: Candidates are expected to have sufficient command of the relevant ancient languages for their dissertation project. Since the language of instruction is predominantly English, their English should be good enough to join discussions and write papers.
1,337 total views, 18 views today