Doctoral Fellowship for Developing Countries at University of British Columbia in Canada, 2017
Applications are invited for Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for 2017-2018 academic year. These fellowships are open to promising leaders from developing countries to pursue doctoral studies at UBC.
The University of British Columbia is offering Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships for 2017-2018 academic year. Applicants must be a citizen of a developing country.
The fellowships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country.
As one of the world’s leading universities, the University of British Columbia creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada, and the world.
|Deadline||:||10 March 2017|
|Providers||:||The University of British Columbia|
|Course Level||:||Doctoral program|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Fellowships of $18,200 per year plus tuition for four years will be awarded.
Number of Scholarships:
Two new fellowships will be offered each year.
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the fellowship funding period
- Be a citizen of a developing country at the time of application for admission
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country
- Be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017
- Be starting their first doctoral degree
- Students with external funding (external scholarships, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship funding reduced by the amount of their external funding
Applicants must be a citizen of a developing country (see the list of developing countries).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017.
English language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English Language Requirements at the University of British Columbia.