The new Google PhD Fellowship Program is now on offer to study in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Mainland China. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Google PhD Student Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science, related disciplines, or promising research areas.
While we develop new technologies to help people find and use information, we also maintain strong relations with leading academic institutions and support education. Based on good cooperation with the universities, China University Relations was initiated in 2007 to enhance interaction and cooperation with universities. We have launched a variety of programs since then: Joint Research, Curriculum Development, Faculty Training, Student Contest, Scholarship Program, Faculty Award Program, CS4HS in China, Education Support to Western Regions and so on.
|Deadline||:||31 May 2017|
|Study in||:||Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Mainland China|
|Course Level||:||PhD fellowship programme|
|Field of Study||:||The program will award up to 6 fellowships in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Mainland China in 2017 from among the following:
Google will award one-year fellowship consisting of:
- US$10K: to cover stipend and other research related activities travel expense including overseas travel. (Please be noted that monetary awards differ by regions)
- Google Research Mentor
- Opportunity to join Google global annual PhD Fellowship Summit and covering the travel cost
- Opportunity to apply for a paid summer internship (but not guaranteed and not required)
Number of Scholarships:
The program will award up to 6 fellowships in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Mainland China in 2017.
In order to be considered for the 2017 Google PhD Fellowship Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD in the research areas represented by the fellowships
- Must attend one of the eligible schools and universities. Student must remain enrolled in the PhD program or forfeit the fellowship award
- Must be nominated by their department/university
- Must have completed their graduate coursework in the PhD program and be embarking on or continuing their graduate research in the fall of 2017
- Students who have already received the fellowship from other companies are not eligible (but not conflict with those from local government).
- Google employees and family members of Google employees are not eligible
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD in the research areas represented by the fellowships.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.