The University of Sydney is delighted to offer Postgraduate Research Excellence Award for international students to help cover tuition fees and provide a stipend at the current Research Training Program (former APA) rate.
The aim of the program is to increase the proportion of postgraduate research at the University of Sydney.
The University of Sydney (informally, USyd) is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. The university also has three other residential systems, which are different from the colleges, and are not part of the intercol system. USU provides a range of activities, programs, services and facilities geared at giving students the university experience.
|Deadline||:||Always open for applications for the students|
|Providers||:||University of Sydney|
|Course Level||:||Postgraduate research programme|
|Field of Study||:||Natural Sciences|
The scholarship will cover international student tuition fees and provide a stipend at the current Research Training Program (former APA) rate.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for Award:
- Hold a degree equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Science (or relevant discipline area), at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include at least 25% research.
- Have achieved results in the top 10% of their university studies from a leading research institution
- Not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia
- Be commencing postgraduate study at the University of Sydney for the first time with support from a Faculty of Science Research Supervisor for both the research project and scholarship
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship; and
- Commence study at the University of Sydney by the date stipulated in the candidature offer letter.
International applicants can apply for this award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must have the previous degree
English language Requirements: students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.