Each year the Pasteur Institute International Division allocates funding to promote and aid completion of doctoral theses for both French and foreign scientists in institutes of the Pasteur Institute International Network located outside mainland France.
The Pasteur Institute International Division allocates funding (twice yearly) to promote and aid completion of doctoral theses for both French and foreign scientists in institutes of the Pasteur Institute International Network located outside mainland France.
|Deadline||:||15 July 2017|
|Study in||:||Study Abroad (Outside France)|
|Providers||:||Pasteur Institute International Division|
|Field of Study||:||The research topic can be related to any theme developed in laboratories at International Network institutes, such as infectious diseases (infectious pathophysiology, immunology, microbiology, epidemiology, virology, parasitology), and public health activities (diagnosis, surveillance, resistance, etc.).|
How to Apply: The application for completion online should include:
- Description of the planned doctoral thesis (max. 2 pages) including the background, topic addressed, objectives and program of work (activities, expected results and timescale)
- Applicant’s resume/CV (1 page)
- Presentation of research undertaken and results obtained by the applicant (max. 2 pages)
- Acknowledgement of any grant received from a French or international organization the previous year. The applicant should specify whether s/he has applied for a grant this year and the relevant organization as applicable. The applicant should provide details of overall funding
- Information about the institute, host team and supervisor (max. 2 pages). The prerequisites are as follows :
- Supervisor: proven scientific training, publications, experience on the topic (or methods) available for the thesis and, where possible, accreditation to supervise research; and confirmation that his/her contract will run throughout the duration of the thesis period;
- Host team: “adequate” size (a lone research scientist cannot be considered as a host team) and affiliation to a university doctoral school;
- Institute: appropriate working conditions (scientific materials and environment).
- The applicant should provide the email addresses of referees to be contacted directly on the website for :
- a letter from the director of the host laboratory undertaking to provide the applicant with the necessary assistance, as well as the name, title and position of the research scientist to supervise the doctoral student (mandatory)
- a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor (mandatory)
- Approval/endorsement by the director of the Doctoral School where the applicant will be enrolled (optional)
1,785 total views, 3 views today