Applications are invited for Phd Scholarships for international students in Italy. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||18 June 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Verona|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of Phd Scholarships for international students:
- The amount granted for each scholarship is €15,343.28 gross per year. This may be increased in situations stipulated by law. Scholarships are exempt from IRE (personal income tax). Scholarships are awarded for the entire duration of the PhD programme (three years – 36 months, four years – 48 months) and instalments are paid monthly. The first instalment of October 2018 will be paid at the end of the same month only if the student has submitted all the documentation required and is correctly enrolled in their PhD programme by 25th September 2018. Otherwise, a two-month instalment will be paid to them at the end of November.
Eligibility for Phd Scholarships for international students:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be admitted to a PhD programme, all applicants (regardless of age or nationality) must hold a Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale or a Laurea (of the old system before Reform no. 509/1999) issued by an Italian University, or an equivalent-level foreign degree. This means candidates with a foreign Master’s degree (e.g. MSc or MA) that would grant them access to PhD programmes in the country where the degree was conferred are entitled to apply.
- Candidates who will complete their Master’s degree by 31st October 2018 are also entitled to apply. Their application will be considered “subject to confirmation” and they will be required to submit their degree certificate or a self-certification to the PhD Office (Area Ricerca – U.O. Dottorati di Ricerca) by 31st October 2018 (in accordance with Presidential Decree no. 445 of 28/12/00 for EU citizens). Any applications which lack this document will not be considered. 3.3 Candidates who are already enrolled in a PhD programme at the University of Verona may, if they pass the relevant entrance exams and are successfully graded in the merit ranking, change to a different PhD programme. Students who change PhDs must renounce their previous PhD programme and begin again from the first year of the new programme only if the programme offers a place without a scholarship.
- Applicants who already hold a PhD will not be admitted to any programme with similar research topics to that of their PhD. Candidates who have already benefited from a PhD scholarship, regardless of the place and year, are not eligible for another scholarship. All candidates may submit their application for the present Call, subject to confirmation. If any of the aforementioned prerequisites are not satisfied, the university reserves the right to exclude applicants from the selection procedure for justified reasons at any time, even after the examination sessions have taken place.
English Language Requirements for Phd Scholarships for international students: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.