Applications are invited for SEAMEO BIOTROP Research Grants to pursue research study at KAIST University in Korea. Scholarships will be awarded to students for Research scholarships.
The aim of the Research Scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students.
|Deadline||:||30 August 2017|
|Study in||:||Southeast Asia|
|Field of Study||:||Research proposals to be submitted to SEAMEO BIOTROP should cover any or a combination of the Centre’s three new program thrusts under its 10th FYDP, namely: (1) Restoration of degraded ecosystem; (2) Sustainable Management of Intensively Used Ecosystems/Landscapes; and (3) Conservation and Sustainable Use of Unique Ecosystems/Landscapes of High Biodiversity.|
Scholarship Award for SEAMEO BIOTROP Research Grants:
- Each accepted research project proposal shall receive a grant up to maximum of Rp 100,000,000 for the Joint Research Grant Program and Rp 50,000,000 for PhD Thesis Grants Program.
Eligibility for SEAMEO BIOTROP Research Grants:
- A PhD student could be eligible to apply for the thesis grant if he/she could satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be currently pursuing a PhD program in agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, and related sciences from any reputable university in Indonesia.
- Must have already completed his/her coursework with an approved thesis research proposal and is ready to conduct the research.
- His/Her research topic must focus on any of SEAMEO BIOTROP’s program thrusts (Please refer to call for research proposals)
- A corollary to No. 3, the applicant’s research topic must also have direct implications to the following cross-cutting developmental concerns:
Poverty alleviation, and
Climate change adaptation and mitigation
Nationality: Citizens of South-east Asian countries are eligible to apply.
List of Countries for SEAMEO BIOTROP Research Grants: Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and Timor
1,512 total views, 6 views today