Vienna Graduate School of Finance provides financial support to outstanding students from around the world. The VGSF programme is available for full-time PhD programme in Finance.
The Vienna Graduate School of Finance is a center of excellence in Finance, located in Vienna, Austria. Its main activities are academic research and PhD education. VGSF faculty members are very well connected in the international Finance community.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
|Deadline||:||29 January 2017|
|Providers||:||Vienna Graduate School of Finance|
|Fields of Study||:||Scholarships are awarded to study finance.|
Eligibility: The following requirements have to be met in order to be admitted to the PhD Program in Finance:
- Successful completion of a relevant Master’s program or a relevant equivalent degree program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary institution of education (according to § 64 (4) of the Universities Act 2002)
- Proficiency in financial economics
- Proficiency in mathematics and/or statistics
- Adequate English proficiency
- Achievement potential
Nationality: Austrian and international students can apply for PhD Scholarships.
How to Apply: In the online application form you have to provide the following information (note: uploaded pdf-files are well-arranged and organized for screening applications. However, we advise you to avoid filenames like “scan1.pdf”, and recommend naming files such that their contents can be easily identified)
- A self-statement of purpose
- All degree certificates
- All official transcripts (we advise you to provide grading scales or similar information; otherwise grades/transcripts may have little or no meaning, and/or may be difficult to interpret)
- Curriculum vitae
- GMAT or GRE (code number 9618) test scores; mandatory (!) and not older than five years
- Proof of English competence; for example
TOEFL (code number 9618): paper based at least 600 points; computer based at least 250 points; internet based at least 100 points, not older than two years
IELTS: at least 7.0 points (no band below 6) and not older than two years
TOEIC: at least 800 points and not older than two years
- Another proof of your English competence (e.g. full degree program done in English, Master thesis in English, exchange program, internship)
- Reference letters: For a complete application at least two reference letters have to be provided. It is the applicant’s responsibility to organize the submission of letters! In the online tool you only specify the contact details (name and e-mail) of the persons who are willing to provide reference letters. They will not be contacted by VGSF! Reference letters must be sent by e-mail in .pdf format to office(-at-)vgsf(.)ac(.)at by the person who writes the letter (not the applicant!). Reference letters must be received before the application deadline.
721 total views, 1 views today