Applications are invited for TWAS-UPM postdoctoral fellowship in Malaysia. This scholarships is open for young scientists from developing countries (other than Malaysia) at the Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
The aim of this scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students to pursue postdoctoral research in natural sciences .
|Deadline||:||15 September 2017|
|Providers||:||Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)|
|Course Level||:||Postdoctoral fellowship|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowships are awarded in the field of natural sciences:|
Award for TWAS-UPM postdoctoral Scholarships:
UPM will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
Eligibility for TWAS-UPM postdoctoral Scholarships:
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Malaysia);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Malaysia or any developed country;
- hold a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- apply for the fellowship within four (4) years of having obtained a PhD degree in a field of the natural sciences;
- be regularly employed in a developing country (other than Malaysia) and hold a research assignment there;
- Provide an official Acceptance letter (see sample Acceptance Letter, page 6). The guideline to obtain the Acceptance letter is available at the School of Graduate Studies, UPM website.
- Please note that the applicant must have already identified a potential host supervisor/professor in UPM before sending their request for an acceptance letter to the School of Graduate Studies, UPM.
- The acceptance letter must come from the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, UPM only (and NOT from any other Head of Department or supervisors at UPM).
- In contacting the Dean of the UPM School of Graduate Studies, the applicants must accompany their request for an acceptance letter with copy of their latest CV, a short write-up of research proposal (maximum 3 pages), a copy of the PhD certificate and the transcripts of each degree qualification starting from the BSc;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Citizens of developing countries (other than Malaysia): Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Iran, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in a field of the natural sciences
English language Requirements: Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English if the medium of education was not English.