Applications are invited for 2019/20 King’s International PGR Scholarship in UK. Applications are open international students to pursue a postgraduate degree (MPhil/PhD) at King’s College London in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||11 January 2019|
|Providers||:||King’s College London|
|Course Level||:||Postgraduate research degree (MPhil/PhD)|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits of 2019/20 King’s International PGR Scholarship:
Each Scholarship will provide funding to cover:
- The international/overseas tuition fee
- An annual stipend
- Research, Training and Support Grant/Bench fees, valued as follows:
– Wet Lab: £5,000 per annum
– Dry Lab: £2,500 per annum
– Clinical Research: £2,000 per annum
– Other (desk research): £1,000 per annum
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available.
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility for 2019/20 King’s International PGR Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants MUST:
- Be due to commence an MPhil/PhD research degree programme in any Faculty at King’s College London during the 2019/20 academic year;
- Be classified as overseas fee status;
- Have submitted all the required application materials by the funding deadline (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below)
Please note for 2019/20 King’s International PGR Scholarship:
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible
- Existing research degree students are not eligible to apply
- The scholarship cannot be held on a part-time basis
- Professional doctorate degrees are not eligible
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible
- Joint-degree programmes are not eligible
- The scholarship cannot commence prior to September/October 2019
*For Chinese students:
Please note that Chinese students are eligible to apply to King’s PGR International scholarships as well as King’s China Council Scholarships; however, they will not be considered for both schemes and therefore will need to decide at application stage whether they enter EITHER 1920-KCSC OR 1920-PGR-INT as the code in the Award Scheme Code or Name funding box. See the King’s China Scholarships guidelines for further details about this scheme.
English Language Requirements for 2019/20 King’s International PGR Scholarship:
The level of English language, applicants are required to demonstrate is dependent upon the programme for which they have applied. The level of English required for each programme is denoted by a five-band system, each band corresponds to a level of English language competence.