Applications are invited for Follow Up Research Fellowship by Japan Student Services Organization for Developing Countries in Japan.
The aim of the fellowships is to give an opportunity to researchers to conduct short-term research with academic advisors at universities (except junior colleges) in Japan.
|Deadline||:||30 November 2017|
|Providers||:||Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits for Follow Up Research Fellowship:
These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Round-trip Airfare
- Daily allowance (¥11,000/day) for the recipient
- Remuneration for cooperation (up to ¥50,000) for the research advisor
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 45 fellowships are available.
Eligibility for Follow Up Research Fellowship:
- To have the nationality of a country/region listed in the attachment.
- To belong to a university or other educational or governmental institute in the relevant country or region, and be currently working in education, research, or government in their home country. (Employees of private businesses are not eligible.)
- Previous resident status in Japan was a “College Student.”
- To have completed master/doctoral course at a Japanese university or obtained all the necessary credits before graduation (coursework doctor).
- Age is 45 or younger as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., born on April 2, 1972, or after).
- At least 1 year has passed since they returned home after studying in Japan as of April 1, 2018 (i.e., returned home on March 31, 2017, or before).
Nationality: Applicants of nationalities of developing countries and regions are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement for Follow Up Research Fellowship:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed master’s/doctoral course
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.