The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is offering German Chancellor Fellowships prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA. It is a twelve months fellowship which provides opportunity fellows to conduct a project as guests of the partner of their choice in Germany.
Fellowship Programme is targeted at university graduates from the United States, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil and India who have an international outlook and initial leadership experience.
The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad, who are also sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation, and to explore new solutions to the global issues.
Applicants must have bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship (1 October of the year following application).
|Deadline||:||17 September 2017|
|Providers||:||Alexander von Humboldt Foundation|
|Course Level||:||It is a twelve months research fellowship which provides opportunity fellows to conduct a project as guests of the partner of their choice in Germany.|
|Field of Study||:||politics, economics, the media, administration and culture.|
The fellowship grant amounts to 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications. The fellowship also includes a mobility allowance as well as a contribution to health and liability insurance. Additional benefits are as follows:
- Allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany
- Lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party
- Allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 326 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 234 EUR a month for each child)
- German courses in the fellow’s own country prior to the stay in Germany as well as during the stay in Germany to intensify the knowledge of German acquired during the intensive language course
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow’s own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question
- Extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni’s entire professional careers
- Citizenship of the United States, the Russian Federation, the People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India.
- Bachelor’s or comparable academic degree, completed less than twelve years prior to the starting date of the fellowship (1 October of the year following application)
- Demonstrated leadership potential ; applicants whose background are largely academic should also have gained some leadership experience beyond their own research activities
- Either English or German language skills
- letter of motivation
- A project plan; the candidate must draw up the project plan independently and secure the support of the proposed mentor before submitting an application
- A detailed host’s statement, including a confirmation of support
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal, and/or academic background
- Applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of the application deadline (15 September) are not eligible to apply. Anyone who has already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation cannot apply to the Foundation for the German Chancellor Fellowship and should instead refer to the Foundation’s Alumni Programme for support for further stays in Germany.
Citizens of Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA can apply for the German Chancellor Fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship (1 October of the year following application).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: German or English language skills are required, Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
1,102 total views, 1 views today