Applications are invited for AONSA Research Fellowship for Young Scientists in the Asia-Oceania Region. Applications are invited for AONSA Young Research Fellowship who wishes to perform neutron research at major neutron facilities in the region (but not in his/her home country) for the year 2019.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||31 August 2018|
|Study in||:||J-PARC (Japan), OPAL at ANSTO (Australia), and CSNS (China)|
|Providers||:||Asia-Oceania Neutron Scattering Association (AONSA)|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||The AONSA Young Research Fellowship Program has been established in 2014 to support highly talented young scientists in the Asia-Oceania region and help them to develop their expertise and career in neutron science and technology.|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of AONSA Research Fellowship:
- The Fellowship consists of a certificate of Fellowship award, one round-trip airfare between his/her home institute and the hosting facility, and local living expense at the hosting facility. The amount of support for local living expenses shall be determined based on the nominal cost of living and funding resources available. At least one staff member shall be assigned by the hosting facility to the Fellow as a collaborator and mentor.
- Nationality: The AONSA Young Research Fellowship Program shall be open to young scientists in the Asia-Oceania region.
- Number of Scholarships: A total of three Fellowship positions are available in this application round (one for each hosting Facility) and the possible duration of each Fellowship visit is 3 to 12 months.
Eligibility for AONSA Research Fellowship:
Eligible Countries: The AONSA Young Research Fellowship Program shall be open to young scientists in the Asia-Oceania region.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The AONSA Young Research Fellowship Program shall be open to young scientists in the Asia-Oceania region within 8 years of the completion of his/her PhD (as of the application deadline, excluding career interruptions) who wish to perform neutron research at major neutron facilities in the region (but not in his/her home country).
- The Call for Applications shall be announced by Chair of the Fellowship Selection Committee (SC) through the AONSA network including member societies, observers and other personnel determined by the SC.
- A standard application form (provided by AONSA)
An application should include: with all required information completed including
- A standard application form (provided by AONSA) with all required information completed including a scientific plan for collaborative neutron research.
- A curriculum vitae including a full list of publications. One recommendation letter from a supervisor at the home institute.
- One letter of support from President of the home neutron society or a representative of home neutron community.
- The application shall be electronically submitted to the AONSA Office by the deadline indicated in the Call for Applications.
- An application shall be valid for one cycle only
English Language Requirements for AONSA Research Fellowship:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
1,654 total views, 6 views today