Applications are invited for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship at The Free University of Brussels in 2018. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship to all fields of research for the duration of five years.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
|Deadline||:||15 October 2018|
|Providers||:||Free University of Brussels|
|Course Level||:||Research Scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||[email protected] will propose three calls within a five-year programme. To impact ULB’s post-doctoral policy as widely as possible, the project will be open to all fields of research, organized into three panels:|
Benefits of Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
The financial structure of the fellowship is as follows:
|Cost categories||Amount (€/month)|
|Fellow-related costs||Living allowance: 3.503,21
Mobility allowance: 400,00
Family allowance: 150,00
|Research-related costs||Travel allowance: 200,00Research costs: 500,00
Other (training, etc.): 300,00
The living allowance is an indicative value for 2018 and is subject to minor changes of approximately +2% due to yearly indexation. It covers the amount of an untaxed fellowship contract that is equivalent to an employment contract. The fellowship contract is fully subject to the Provisions of the Belgian Social Security System covering health insurance, maternity leave, sick pay in case of hospitalization, disability insurance, a national pension system, national unemployment system, insurance against workplace accidents, family benefits and provisions towards occupational diseases.
Nationality: This fellowship is available for applicants of all nationalities.
Number of Scholarships for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
For each panel and each call, [email protected] will offer to fund 7 excellent researchers for a research project of 24-month duration, reaching a total of 63 fellowship positions over five years.
Eligibility for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants of any age and of any nationality are eligible.
Eligible applicants are experienced researchers:
- With a PhD degree and maximum 7 years of post-doctoral experience at the date of the call deadline or
- Without a PhD but a documented full-time equivalent research experience of minimum 4 and maximum 11 years at the date of the call deadline.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree allowing him or her to embark on a doctorate. This needs to be proven by the employment (or equivalent) contracts.
- Eligible applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work,w studies, etc.) in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 3 years before the call deadline.
- Eligible applicants should not have already benefited from a postdoctoral fellowship in Belgium for more than six (6) months before the call deadline.
English Language Requirements for Belgium Individual Research Fellowship:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.