International students are invited to apply for Canadian scholarships for Early Career Investigators to help scholars build their research network and develop essential skills to become leaders.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators at a pivotal time in their careers.
CIFAR is founded on the belief that the grand possibilities and global problems that face humanity will only be addressed with different and new ways of thinking. Through its unique research programs, CIFAR creates strong connections between the world’s top researchers that spark unconventional perspectives and groundbreaking insights.
|Deadline||:||23 May 2017|
|Course Level||:||Research scholaship|
|Field of Study||:||•Successful Societies
•Institutions, Organizations & Growth
• Cosmology & Gravity
• Learning in Machines & Brains
• Bio-inspired Solar Energy
• Quantum Materials
• Genetic Networks
• Child & Brain Development
• Humans & the Microbiome
• Molecular Architecture of Life
• Azrieli Program in Brain, Mind & Consciousness
Global Scholars receive $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support. The funds are administered through the Global Scholar’s home institution and are intended to support his or her capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to: teaching release, student support, summer salary (where applicable), and research assistant salaries. CIFAR also covers the cost of Global Scholars’ attendance at meetings of their CIFAR research program and the Global Scholars’ annual meeting. Global Scholars are permitted to concurrently hold other competitive research fellowships.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must:
- Hold a PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
- Be employed no more than five years in their first full-time faculty position, including both research and teaching responsibilities, at an institution of higher education or research. Typically, applicants will be at an Assistant Professor level or equivalent in other academic systems. NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply to this program.
- Be appointed to their first faculty position no earlier than May 1, 2012. Special consideration may be given to those with exceptional circumstances or leaves.
- Be engaged in research that complements and contributes to the themes and goals of one of the eligible CIFAR research program (refer to section E).
- Demonstrate an outstanding level of research achievement and promise of future impact in their field, as evidenced by quality of publications, awards received, and statements by distinguished referees.
- Demonstrate a track record of, or interest in, engaging across disciplines, as well as sectors beyond academia, to enrich and extend the impact of their research.
- Be in good standing to obtain a passport and travel visas to attend CIFAR meetings in Canada and other countries around the world.
- Be available to attend a two-day in-person interview* on September 16-17, 2017 in Toronto, Canada. Travel costs will be provided by CIFAR.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
Researchers from anywhere in the world is eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
786 total views, 1 views today