The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO) is offering two research fellowships to encourage and support young individuals from European and non-European countries. These fellowships are awarded in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD).
Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO.
ECCO has established Fellowships, Grants and Travel Awards to encourage young physicians in their career and to promote innovative scientific research in IBD in Europe.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
|Deadline||:||1 September 2017|
|Providers||:||European Crohn’s and Colitis Organization (ECCO)|
|Course Level||:||Research programme|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowships are awarded in the area of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.|
A total amount of 60.000 Euro will be awarded per ECCO Fellowship. The Fellowship award has to be used to cover the applicant’s salary. If the award is not entirely used for the applicant’s salary, the remaining funds have to be used for other expenses of the Fellowship project (e.g. lab material). If, after the award of an ECCO Fellowship, a separate application for funding the project is successful, then the host is required to inform SciCom. This is to allow appropriate discussion of a separate funding body providing the salary of the individual and recognition of ECCO support.
In order to be eligible, the candidate must:
1. Not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application;
2. Submit an original research project using the “ECCO Fellowships/Grants Technical Appendix”, not exceeding 13 pages;
3. Having a hosting laboratory and/or department outside one’s own country, which has accepted to host and guide the Fellow under the supervision of a designated host for the duration of the Fellowship. The hosting institution is responsible, together with the Fellow, for the successful completion of the project;
4. If your hosting institute holds a current ECCO Fellowship, then another application for this period is not possible. Therefore, an institution cannot apply for two ECCO Fellowships in consecutive years;
5. ECCO Fellowship applicants and their hosts need to be ECCO Members (at the time of application);
6. ECCO Fellowship applicants are not limited to the ECCO Member Countries and can apply for non-European countries, but the benefit to ECCO has to be clearly stated;
7. Fellowships aim to enhance the opportunity for IBD trainees to work in European centres. The principal purpose is to enhance the fabric and scientific contribution of ECCO. Exceptional circumstances such as an ECCO Member from an ECCO Member state travelling to a non-member state will be considered, but such an application is likely to receive a lower priority than an ECCO Member from a non-European country visiting Europe.
Applicants from European countries and non-European countries can apply for these research fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must not be older than 40 years or still in training at the time of application.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
873 total views, 1 views today