Applications are invited for HCAS Core Fellowships for International Researchers in Finland. Applications are open for international students at the Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies to conduct research in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||13 September 2018|
|Providers||:||Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||Open to researchers from the humanities, social sciences, behavioral sciences, theology, and law, as well as to researchers in other fields who focus on topics related to the human sciences.|
Benefits of HCAS Core Fellowships for International Researchers:
Research director’s salary will be based on levels 8 – 10 of the demands level chart for teaching and research personnel in the salary system of the Finnish universities. An average starting salary for a newly appointed research director (full professor level) is ca. 5700 euros/month (pre-tax). The salary of a university researcher (mid-career position) is based on levels 6-7 with the starting salary of about 4000 euros/month (4700 euros/month) (pre-tax). And the starting salary of a post-doctoral researcher is based on level 5 with the starting salary of about 3500 euros/month (pre-tax).
What they offer for HCAS Core Fellowships for International Researchers:
- Time and freedom for concentrated research free from administrative duties and from a large teaching obligation
- Thriving and stimulating collegial work environment in the center of Helsinki, surrounded by libraries
- Salaried positions with associated benefits (paid family and sick leave, pension benefits and occupational healthcare) in accordance with the General Collective Agreement for Universities
- Office space
- Language check services
- Travel and research allowance
- Taxable relocation allowance for those newly recruited fellows who must relocate to the Helsinki area from elsewhere in Finland and in the world
- Relocation assistance for international fellows
- Social programming and limited in-house wellness services
Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
Number of Scholarships:
Usual number of appointments 8–14 per year
Eligibility for HCAS Core Fellowships for International Researchers:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Ability to work in an international research environment of a high standard
- Ability to participate in the inter- and multidisciplinary cooperation fostered by the Collegium
- The doctoral degree must have been conferred by the deadline for applications. In addition to holding a doctoral degree, successful applicants are expected to have other academic merits.
- The results of the proposed research can be published in high-quality international journals or by a distinguished publisher.
English Language Requirements for HCAS Core Fellowships for International Researchers:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.