Applications are invited for IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Program at the University of Birmingham in UK. Applications are open for international students to conduct research in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||3 December 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Birmingham|
|Course Level||:||This fellowship is open for Early and Mid-Career researchers.|
|Field of Study||:||Colleagues will focus on new and existing areas – topics that are timely, relevant, address national and international priorities, and cross disciplinary boundaries.|
Benefits for IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Program:
The IAS will:
- Arrange the appropriate invitation and visa for non-EEA visitors;
- Arrange and cover costs of the Fellow traveling to Birmingham from their home institution;
- Arrange and cover the cost of self-catering accommodation in the city center;
- Provide a desk and computer in the IAS Suite, Aston Webb;
- Organise access to Library and IT services;
- Provide a fund against which research expenses for the visit may be claimed. The funds will be agreed between the proposer and the IAS Deputy Director at the point of approval, to allow support for the research proposal, workshops, and public events;
- Support networking through meetings and events across the University;
- Organise and support public events and workshops agreed with the dissemination plan;
- Work with the fellow and host to plan the implementation of the objectives and dissemination plan.
Nationality: This fellowship is available for international applicants.
Number of Scholarships for IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Program:
Up to six applicants will be invited to participate in the program.
Eligibility for IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Program:
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international applicants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and standing against the career stage of the proposed Vanguard Fellow;
Please note that we seek early/mid-career researchers would normally be within 15 years of achieving their PhD, who holds a research post in academia, industry, charity, arts or other organizations, which are equivalent to the academic post of Lecturer or above, or who hold an individual Principal Investigator Fellowship.
The extent to which the visit has the potential to enhance existing collaborative research or pump prime new areas.
English Language Requirements for IAS Vanguard Research Fellowships Program:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
227 total views, 3 views today