Applications are invited for Federal Environment Ministry’s (BMU) International Climate Protection Fellowship in Germany. Applications are open for students of developing countries to undertake research in 2018-2019 academic year. Up to 20 fellowships are available for young climate experts.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 March 2018|
|Providers||:||Federal Environment Ministry’s (BMU)|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||Climate protection and climate-related resource conservation|
Benefits for International Climate Protection Fellowship:
- A monthly fellowship of between €2,150 and €2,650, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a three-week introductory phase, during which you will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Number of Awards: Up to 20 fellowships are available.
Eligibility for International Climate Protection Fellowship:
Those applying for this programme must be working in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation; they should have proven leadership skills, which must be convincingly demonstrated in the application and supported by appropriate references. In addition to applicants with a background in the natural and engineering sciences, candidates who have been engaged in legal, economic, health-related and societal issues relating to climate change are encouraged to apply for this programme. Application requirements:
- First university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years previously, counting back from the end of the application period (1 March 2018)
- Leadership skills demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references
- Extensive work experience (at least 48 months at the time of application) or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection or climate-related resource conservation as of: 09/2016
- Scientific publications (for post-doctoral applicants) in peer-reviewed journals according to international standards
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a mentoring agreement; details of the proposal must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application • Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates
- Two expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility as well as his/her leadership potential.
Nationality: Prospective leaders from the following non-European threshold and developing countries may apply for research fellowship:
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Ecuador, Madagascar, Samoa, Algeria Egypt, Malawi, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Angola, El Salvador, Malaysia, Senegal, Antigua and Barbuda, Equatorial Guinea, Maldives, Seychelles, Argentina, Eritrea, Mali, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Marshall Islands, Solomon Islands, Mauritania, Somalia, Bangladesh, Mauritius, South Africa, Belize, Fiji, Mexico, South Sudan, Benin, Micronesia, Fed. States, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Gabon, Morocco, St. Kitts and Nevis, Bolivia, Gambia, Mongolia, St. Lucia, Botswana, Ghana, Mozambique, St. Vincent and Brazil, Grenada, Myanmar, the Grenadines, Burkina Faso, Guatemala, Sudan, Burundi, Guinea, Suriname Guinea-Bissau, Namibia, Swaziland ,Guyana, Nauru, Syria, Cambodia, Nepal, Cameroon, Nicaragua, Cape Verde, Haiti, Niger, Tajikistan, Central African Republic, Honduras, Nigeria, Tanzania, Chad, Niue, Thailand, Chile, India, Timor-Leste China, PR of Indonesia, Togo, Colombia, Iran, Pakistan, Tonga, Comoros, Iraq, Palestinian territories, Tunisia, Congo, Dem. Rep. of Palau, Turkmenistan, Congo, Rep. of the Panama, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, Costa Rica, Jordan, Paraguay, Cote d’Ivoire, Peru, Uganda, Cuba, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Uruguay, Kenya, Uzbekistan, Kiribati, Dominica, Korea, Dem. PR of Rwanda, Dominican Republic ,Kyrgyzstan, Vanuatu, Djibouti ,Venezuela, Laos, Vietnam Lesotho, Lebanon, Yemen, Liberia, Libya, Zambia, Zimbabwe
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.