Applications are invited for Japanese Research Fellowship at Hakuho Foundation in Japan. Applications are invited for international researchers to conduct their research projects who reside outside of Japan..
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||31 October 2018|
|Course Level||:||Research Scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowships are available to conduct residential research at one of the following receiving organizations: International Research Center for Japanese Studies, Kyoto University, National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics, Ochanomizu University, Ritsumeikan University, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies and Waseda University.|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Japanese Research Fellowship:
Invited fellows will have their airfares, living and research expenses, housing and other expenses necessary for conducting research in Japan covered.
Eligibility for Japanese Research Fellowship:
Eligible Countries: International researchers can apply for these research fellowships.
Number of Scholarships: Around 15 fellows will be invited each year.
Nationality: International (non-Japanese) researcher
Entrance Requirements for Japanese Research Fellowship:
Researchers working in the fields of Japanese language,Japanese language education, Japanese literature or Japanese culture who reside outside Japan and meet all of the criteria below.
- Affiliated with a higher education or research institution (including postdoctoral scolars’ adjunct in Japanese and part-time lecturers).
- Scholar or researcher with a doctoral degree (including degrees due to be granted on or before December 31, 2017) and an extensive research or education background.
- Sufficient Japanese language proficiency to be able to conduct research in Japanese.
- Non-Japanese national residing outside of Japan or Japanese national who has resided outside Japan for 10 years or more and been active in the academic community ,etc. of the country of their residence.
- Able to stay continuously in Japan for the duration of the Fellowship period and participate in research reporting sessions arranged by the Foundation.
Applications are not sought from those whose purpose is to write a doctoral thesis.
As research reporting and communications with the Fellowship secretariat on various procedures will be conducted in Japanese only, a suitable level of Japanese language ability is required.
Those who have previously received support for residential research in Japan may also apply.
English Language Requirements for Japanese Research Fellowship:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.