University of Technology, Sydney is offering up to 60 International Postgraduate Research Scholarship for the academic year 2017-2018. These Post-graduate Research Scholarship will be awarded to eligible international candidates who demonstrate exceptional research potential.
It is aimed at attracting high-quality international students to work in areas of research strength.
The University of Technology Sydney is a university in Sydney, Australia. The university was founded in its current form in 1988, although its origins trace back to the 1870s. It is part of the Australian Technology Network of universities.
Applicants are generally required to hold the equivalent of a relevant master’s or bachelor’s degree with first or second class honours (division 1) or an equivalent or higher qualification.
|Deadline||:||20 August 2017|
|Providers||:||University of Technology Sydney|
|Course Level||:||Research Masters degree or Research Doctorate degree scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
The UTS IRS only covers the tuition fees for a period of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Research Doctorate degree. The UTS IRS is not transferable to another institution. The mandatory cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is not covered by the UTS IRS.
Number of Awards: 60 scholarships are available.
Eligibility for Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
To be eligible for the UTS IRS, a student must:
- be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (Cth); and
- purchase and maintain a standard OSHC policy approved by the Commonwealth government Department of Health and Ageing; and
- be commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at UTS;
- be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as one of its areas of research concentration; and
- not hold a research qualification regarded by the University to be equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian research master’s degree; and
- not have held an Australian Agency for International Development scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the UTS IRS; and
- not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution; and
- not previously have received a UTS IRS for a research doctorate degree, unless converting to a research master’s degree; and
- not previously have received an UTS IRS for a research master’s degree, unless: ii) that degree was completed and the student is immediately undertaking a research doctorate degree; or ii) the student has converted their HDR under paragraph 3.25.15 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2010
Applicants should ensure that they submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants for Postgraduate Research Scholarship are generally required to hold the equivalent of a relevant master’s or bachelor’s degree with first or second class honours (division 1) or an equivalent or higher qualification.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
839 total views, 4 views today