Alexander von Humboldt foundation invites researchers to apply for Sofja Kovalevskaja Research Award which is funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research in Germany for the year 2017. The award is available for the research from all over the world to conduct research in all disciplines.
The aim of the award is to enable researchers to embark on academic careers in Germany by establishing their own junior research groups at research institutions in Germany.
The Alexander von Humboldt is a foundation established by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany. It promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad.
|Deadline||:||31 July 2017|
|Providers||:||Alexander von Humboldt|
|Course Level||:||Research training programme|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
The award will cover the following:
- The award winner is entitled to the award funds of up to 1.65 million EUR. The award funds are placed at the award winner’s disposal for a period of five years to carry out the approved research project of his or her own choice in Germany. The award winners and their host institutions agree jointly on the commencement of the planned research work in Germany in the course of 2017.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed with distinction less than six years prior to the application submission deadline.
- Career level: the award would enable the successful applicant to take on a leadership position (e.g. head of a junior research group) in Germany for the first time. Moreover, the applicant must not have held or accepted an offer of permanent employment in Germany. The relevant date is the date of the selection.
- Cutting-edge academic achievements documented by a comprehensive list of independent academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and / or by publishing houses.
- Support of the German host institution, evidenced by a detailed expert’s report from the academic host as well as the host’s agreement and the confirmation from the administration at the host institution.
- Two supporting expert reviews from academics (at the applicant’s own institute or other institutes, where possible including some outside the applicant’s country of origin).
The award is available for applicants from all countries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be doctorate.
English Language Requirement: scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the project successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
780 total views, 4 views today