Applications are invited for Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship to undertake research in Canada. The Trudeau fellowship is one of the most prestigious awards in Canada. Aside from its exceptional value of $225 000, the fellowship offers its recipient extensive liberty in the way the funds are allocated towards research. Trudeau fellowships are typically granted to academics at mid-career.
Application is open for local and international applicants in 2018. The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||4 December 2017|
|Providers||:||Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||Humanities and social sciences, and specifically one or more of the following themes:
Benefits for Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship:
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowships provide:
- Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
- Involvement in lively exchanges with other researchers and policy makers;
- The opportunity to contribute to public dialogue and share innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation;
- A $150,000 allowance over three years for research, travel and networking;
- A $50,000 award;
- A $25,000 allowance to cover the cost of participation in Foundation events.
- In 2015, a total of 49 candidates were nominated by 250 institutions and community members.
- Five fellows were selected by an independent panel.
- The Foundation has awarded a total of 58 fellowships to date.
- Trudeau fellows are appointed for life.
Number of Scholarships: Up to fifteen scholarships to Canadian and foreign doctoral candidates.
Eligibility for Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship:
- Researchers active in a field of the humanities and social sciences related to one or more of the Foundation’s four themes; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries legally allowed to reside in Canada for the funding period.
Nationality for Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship:
Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
1,648 total views, 3 views today