Applications are invited for Fully Funded Disability Rights Scholarship in your own place. Application is open for International Students to pursue Master degree in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 December 2017|
|Providers||:||Open Society Foundation|
|Field of Study||:||Law|
Benefits for Disability Rights Scholarship:
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
- Program-related travel;
- Accident and health insurance during the program;
- Funds for educational materials and professional development;
- All costs associated with pre-academic summer program and annual conference;
- Support for students with disabilities to obtain reasonable accommodations necessary for participating in the program of study.
Eligibility for Disability Rights Scholarship:
- The program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Candidates with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
- Be a citizen and legal resident of China, Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Mexico, or Peru at the time of application
- Have work experience in the legal profession or advocacy focusing on human/disability rights
- Have an excellent academic record with a bachelor of laws (LLB; in exceptional circumstances, those without a LLB but with substantial relevant experience may be considered)—a degree must be awarded by the application deadline
have demonstrated leadership in the field of disability rights
- Be proficient in spoken and written English or French and able to meet university-designated minimum scores on standardized language tests
- Be able to participate in an intensive academic writing program in summer 2018
- Be able to begin the graduate program in August or September 2018
- Be able to receive and maintain visa or study permit required by the host country
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to home country to contribute to advancing the inclusion and full participation of persons with disabilities in their communities
- The fellowship does NOT provide funding for dependent family members.
Eligible Regions: China, Ghana, Malawi, Mozambique, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Mexico, or Peru.