Applications are invited for Global Scientists and Engineers Scholarships at Tokyo Institute of Technology in Japan. Applications are open for international students to pursue the bachelor degree at the Tokyo Institute of Technology in 2019.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||6 September 2018|
|Providers||:||Tokyo Institute of Science and Technology|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate degree|
|Field of Study||:||Engineering|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Global Scientists and Engineers Scholarships:
(1) MEXT Scholarship
- Students who have been accepted for a MEXT Scholarship will not be required to pay the admission or tuition fees.
- The MEXT scholarship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 120,000 for undergraduate students. The amount of the stipend is subject to change in accordance with the directives of the MEXT scholarship program.
- In accordance with MEXT regulations, students will be provided with an economy-class air ticket from the international airport closest to their place of residence in their country of nationality to Narita or Haneda International Airport.
Those who are applying for other MEXT scholarship programs such as those requiring a recommendation from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General, or a scholarship of the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) will be required to decline candidacy of the MEXT scholarship offered under the GSEP program.
(2) Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) Scholarships
- Applicants who will enroll in Tokyo Tech under a scholarship other than those offered by MEXT and do not reside in Japan may apply for a Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students awarded by JASSO.
- Please note that individuals who have been granted the above scholarship cannot apply to receive other scholarships at the same time.
- The monthly stipend is JPY 48,000, which is subject to change in accordance with the directives from JASSO.
- This scholarship will be offered from April 2019 to March 2020.
- Applicants will still be required to pay the application, admission, and tuition fees even if they are granted this scholarship.
- Applicants who currently reside in Japan are not eligible to apply for this scholarship and are instead requested to follow the instructions provided at the official website.
Eligibility for Global Scientists and Engineers Scholarships:
- Applicants must not hold Japanese nationality and are required to possess a College Student (ryugaku) Visa or intend to acquire one by the time of enrollment.
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old by March 31, 2019.
- (Note: If applicants have completed 12 years of regular schooling or have graduated with a high school equivalency (acceptable by Japanese standards) by March 31, 2019, they are still eligible to apply even if they are under 18 years old.).
- Applicants must have completed or be expecting to complete a 12-year regular education outside of Japan by March 2019 (excluding Japanese programs located outside of Japan that have been recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (hereinafter referred to as “the Ministry”) as equivalent to a Japanese high school program), or are designated by the Ministry (see Note 1), or are designated by the Ministry as well as by Tokyo Tech (see Note 2).
- Applicants must have obtained one of the following minimum scores in English proficiency tests:
- TOEIC Listening & Reading:700
- IELTS Academic Module:6.0
- Applicants who fall under the following conditions may have their admission/acceptance to the program nullified.
- Applicants who were expected to graduate but could not satisfy the required academic conditions and qualifications by the date separately specified by Tokyo Tech.
- Those who have passed the examination for the GSEP program cannot apply for additional entrance examinations at Tokyo Tech. Exceptions can be made if a letter of withdrawal submitted by the applicant to the GSEP program is approved by Tokyo Tech.
(Note 1, 2) Please refer to official application guidelines at the Apply Now link for more details.
Eligible Regions for the Global Scientists and Engineers Scholarships: Open for All