Applications are invited for University of Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships in Australia. Applications are open for foreign students to undertake a six-week research project at the University of Adelaide over the 2018-19 summer vacation. 60 scholarships are available each year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||28 October 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Adelaide|
|Course Level||:||This is a summer research scholarship to undertake a six-week research project at the University of Adelaide over the 2018-19 summer vacation.|
|Field of Study||:||Please see below for a list of available research projects within the Faculty’s Schools and Research Centres. Details of the specific project you are applying for are required on your application form. Applications will be open from Monday 16 July 2018.
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of University of Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships:
- The value of the living allowance of the Scholarship is usually $1200, paid at $400 per fortnight for the six-week period of the research project.
- Tax payments are not usually deducted from these payments. Recipients of the scholarship are responsible for seeking advice from the Australian Taxation Office regarding the status of the scholarship with regard to taxation.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships are available at the University of Adelaide each year.
Eligibility for University of Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students who have completed at least two years (48 units) of their undergraduate program, at a standard acceptable level for admission to an Honours program, will be considered in the first instance.
- Students should ensure that an appropriate research project is available within their School.
- Australian citizens, permanent residents, or citizens of other countries and international students who hold current appropriate visas permitting study in Australia are eligible to apply for these Scholarships.
- In exceptional circumstances, students who have completed less than two years of study may be considered.
- Students who are in receipt of, or expect to receive any other summer or vacation scholarships over the 2018-2019 summer vacation (e.g. National Heart Foundation Summer Scholarship, Cancer Council Vacation scholarships) are not eligible for the Adelaide Summer Research Scholarships unless the other scholarship is for a separate research project.
English Language Requirements: The University’s preferred accredited English language tests are:
- IELTS(International English Language Testing System) – Academic Test
- TOEFL– internet based and paper based
- Pearson Test of English– Academic
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced).
However, the University may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases.
The majority of language tests and qualifications that meet the University’s minimum English requirements have a validity of two years preceding the date of application.
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the University’s English Language Centre. The PEP Pathway provides an alternative entry pathway for prospective students who have received offers to the University of Adelaide conditional upon English proficiency. On successful completion of the PEP Pathway at the appropriate level, students are granted direct entry into the University.
1,005 total views, 6 views today