Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships to pursue a Professional Development Certificate Program or Masters Degree Program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers around the world (USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand)
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Anyone endorsed by their local Rotary District.
No. of Scholarships:
Up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 50 for certificate studies are awarded each year.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
• Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
• Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
• Excellent leadership skills
• Master’s degree applicants: minimum of three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
• Certificate applicants: minimum of five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Important Note: Fellowship recipients may not study at a Rotary Peace Center in their home country, with the exception of candidates from Thailand, who may attend the center at Chulalongkorn University.
Level/Field of study:
Professional Development Certificate Program or Masters Degree Program in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
The deadline for candidates to submit applications to their respective Rotary district is 31 May. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
It is important to read the complete application instructions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.