Newcastle University is inviting applications for partial scholarships awards to encourage international applicants. These scholarships are available to undertake undergraduate and master’s degree programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Newcastle University is a public research university located in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North-East of England.
If English is not applicant’s first language they will need to provide a recognized English language test or qualification. In most cases, you will need an overall score of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. Students will also need at least IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
|Deadline||:||5 May 2017 and
31 July 2017
|Study in||:||United Kingdom|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate and Masters programme|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
255 scholarships are available. Each award is worth £3,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account.
Applicants can only apply and be considered for a Vice-Chancellor’s International scholarship after they have been offered a place to study on their chosen degree course and have been assessed as international for fees purposes. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2017/18 academic year.
- registered for one of the following eligible courses:
Undergraduate – All undergraduate degrees including integrated Masters
Masters – MA; MArch; MBA; MClinDent; MClinRes; MEd; MFA; MMedEd; LLM; LLM (by research); MLitt; MMus; MPH; MRes; MSc
- wholly or partially self-financing
- defined as ‘international’ for fee purposes
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
Applicants should note that the following students are not eligible to receive Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships:
- UK or EU students assessed as ‘home’ for fee purposes.
- MPhil, doctoral (eg,PhD, Integrated PhD, EngD, DClinPych), Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Newcastle University intercalating students or placement, study abroad or exchange students. MSc Hydroinfomatics and Water Management (Euro Aquae) students are not eligible for this award.
- holders of fully-funded scholarships (full payment of fees and living expenses) such as Chevening Scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships or other fully sponsored awards.
- students in receipt of India Great Scholarships or Santander Scholarships
- pathway students progressing to the University from INTO Newcastle
- current students, registered in 2016/17 or earlier, who have already commenced Undergraduate or Masters’ studies at the time of award: awards cannot be made retrospectively
- applicants initially assessed as international for fee purposes but whose fees change to ‘home’.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements:
If English is not applicant’s first language they will need to provide a recognized English language test or qualification. In most cases, you will need an overall score of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. Students will also need at least IELTS 5.5 or equivalent in each of the four sub-skills:
815 total views, 4 views today