The Aichi Prefectural Government is offering ten scholarships to students from Asian countries who are nominated by the universities in Aichi. Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate studies at universities in Aichi.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof and from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
|Deadline||:||19 May 2017|
|Providers||:||The Aichi Prefectural Government|
|Course Level||:||Graduate Degree|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
The Aichi Scholarship Program provides the followings:
- Living Allowance: 150,000 yen per month This living allowance in principle will be reduced under the following circumstances:
- Applicants leave Japan for more than 30 days.
- Applicants take a leave of absence from school.
- Travel Expenses to Japan: Travel expenses to Japan – A predetermined amount of money, decided by the Governor, will be provided to each applicant to allow travel from their nearest international airport to Central Japan International Airport (economy class). Travel expenses from Japan- As a general rule, return airfare will not be provided.
- School Expenses: Entrance examination fees, entrance fees and tuition for both research and graduate study
- Entrance examination fee (research student): ¥9,800
- Entrance fee (research student): ¥84,600
- Tuition (six months; research student): ¥178,200
- Entrance examination fee (master’s course student): ¥30,000
- Entrance fee (master’s course student): ¥282,000
- Tuition (annual; master’s course student): ¥535,800
The following criteria must be meet in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship Citizenship: Applicants must hold citizenship of, and currently reside in, one of the following Asian countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
- Age: Applicants must be under 35 years of age as of April 1, 2017, i.e. born on or after April 2, 1982.
- Academic Degree: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent thereof.
- Field of Study: Applicants must study a subject recognized as pertinent to the support of Aichi’s manufacturing industry.
- Health: Applicants must be healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must have a fairly good command of the Japanese language to study and seek employment in Aichi, or have the prospect of obtaining sufficient language ability.
- Post-Scholarship Employment: Applicants must have the intention to seek employment at a company that has its headquarters or a branch office located within Aichi (whether or not work placement should fall in Japan).
- Internships: During the first year of their master course study, applicants must participate in an internship program offered by companies introduced by the Aichi Prefectural Government or other organizations.
- Other Scholarships: a. Applicants must not be receiving scholarships or grants from any other organization, including the Japanese government and the government of their home country. b. Spouses of students currently receiving scholarship money from the Aichi Prefectural Government are not eligible to apply.
- Date of Arrival: Applicants must be able to come to Japan by October 2016 on a day to be designated by the Governor.
- Other Conditions:
- Applicants must be admitted as a research student at a university or a graduate school within Aichi from the period of October 2016 to March 2017.
- After arriving in Japan, applicants must enroll in the national health insurance system.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam.
151 total views, 5 views today