812 total views, 1 views today
Victoria University of Wellington is offering various awards for New Zealand and international students. These awards are available for pursuing Graduate programme for the year 2017.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence.Victoria University has a tradition of fostering strong global links in teaching and research and programmes of national significance and international quality.
|Deadline||:||1 November 2017|
|Study in||:||New Zealand|
|Providers||:||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Course Level||:||Honours or Masters programme|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
These awards consist of domestic tuition fees payable for the nominated degree programme up to the value of $5,000. Graduate Awards are awarded solely on the basis of academic merit.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The intended programme must include at least 90 points of coursework at either 400 or 500 level.
- These scholarships are not available for post experience or vocational master’s degrees e.g. MBA, MLIS MMIS nor to students intending to embark on the fourth year of a four year undergraduate degree programme e.g. LLB, BTech, BEng.
- Post graduate Diploma study will only be considered if it is recognized as Part 1 of a two year Masters course.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved at least an A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires less than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject either in their major or in a related subject.
- Victoria Graduate Awards shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee.
- Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 75 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points, the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
- These scholarships are awarded based on the funds available determining the final minimum GPA requirement in any one year.
- Holding a Victoria Graduate Award is conditional upon the scholarship recipient gaining enrolment in their intended Honours or Masters programme.
- The Awards are for domestic tuition fees only whilst studying at Victoria University of Wellington and are not available for field trips or exchanges.
New Zealand and international students can apply for these awards.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants are expected to have achieved a minimum A grade average (GPA 8.0) over 72 points at 300-level or above. At least 60 of these points must be in their nominated major or, for a major that requires fewer than 60 points; the additional points must be in a 300 level subject related to their major.
Test Requirements: As a principal applicant applicants must provide:
- A recent International English Language Testing System (IELTS) certificate where they gained an overall band score of 4 (or 3 if applying under Investor 2) or over in the IELTS General or Academic Module. The certificate must be less than two years old, or evidence that they have an English-speaking background.
English language Requirements: Applicants may be able to show that they have an English speaking background if they have been in skilled employment in New Zealand and have been for at least 12 months or they can show:
- completed primary and at least three years’ secondary schooling at schools using English.
- completed at least five years’ secondary schooling at schools using English.
- completed a tertiary course of three years or more at institutions using English.