Applications are invited for University of Queensland International Scholarships to pursue undergraduate degree in Australia. Application is open for international students in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||31 October 2017|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate degree|
|Field of Study||:||Engineering, IT and Multimedia|
Benefits for University of Queensland International Scholarships:
The scholarship covers 50% of the tuition fee for the duration of a standard undergraduate program. The scholarships are available for international students who have completed postsecondary studies and are eligible for credit articulation.
Eligibility for University of Queensland International Scholarships:
- The scholarships are available for students applying for one of the following programs with credit from
previous studies: Bachelor of Engineering (Honours); Bachelor of Information Technology; Bachelor of Multimedia Design
- The successful applicants must be classed as an international student in Australia
(Australian permanent residents and Australian citizens are not eligible).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be in Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B, plus one of Physics or Chemistry. Both Chemistry and Physics, and Mathematics C are recommended.
English Language Requirements: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
- A score equivalent to four semesters of Sound Achievement in Queensland Studies Authority English or Australian or international equivalent. Less than four semesters may be considered for some programmes.
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Some programmes have higher English proficiency requirements; see individual programme requirements.
- Other equivalent tests such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet the overall score (eg 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
Test Requirements: TOEFL and IELTS Test results are only valid for two years from the date of the test. Test results must still be valid the month applicants UQ degree program starts or they cannot be accepted.
- UQ will not accept institutional TOEFL tests, photocopies or certified copies of examinees’ TOEFL results. If they have not done so already, they must ask their TOEFL testing centre to send their official results to UQ. UQ’s TOEFL code is 0987.
- If applicants sat an IELTS test and they can provide an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) number on their application form, they do not need to provide an official copy of their IELTS results to UQ.
1,844 total views, 3 views today