The University of Hawai’i at Hilo is delighted to offer a limited number of undergraduate scholarships for 2017-2018 academic year to study in the USA. Scholarships are open to international students who have demonstrated outstanding academic performance and have some degree of financial need.
The purpose of the university ‘ohana (family) is to challenge students to reach their highest level of academic achievement by inspiring learning, discovery and creativity inside and outside the classroom. The University of Hawai’i at Hilo is a growing university of 4,000 students that offers a wide range of liberal arts and professional programs, as well as a number of graduate and doctoral programs.
|Deadline||:||15 March 2017|
|Study in||:||United States|
|Providers||:||University of Hawai’i, Hilo|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate degree|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects
Scholarship Award: The amount of the scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year will be $2,000 per semester.
Students who meet all of the following qualifications may apply:
- Will enrol at UH Hilo in fall 2017 on an F-1 student visa.
- Must be a classified full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student from a country other than the United States. Students on exchange who do not intend to earn a degree from UH Hilo are not eligible. Priority is given to students pursuing a first bachelor’s degree.
- Academic merit as demonstrated by a grade point average of at least 3.0 or the equivalent. Transfer courses are not included in the GPA calculation for this scholarship, except for students who will be transferring or have transferred to UH Hilo from another UH campus.
- Some degree of financial need (as explained in your application).
- Priority is given to students who earned at least 12 graded credits (i.e., not CR/NC classes such as most ESL classes) at the time of application.
- Limit of 4 years (or 8 semesters) to receive this scholarship.
- Willingness to volunteer for at least one international program per year.
International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students must have 3.0 academic grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale. This is the equivalent of a B or higher. If you have questions about how to interpret the grading system in your country, please contact the Admissions Office. Secondary school transcripts should be sent directly from the schools to the University of Hawai‘i Hilo Admissions Office.
English language Requirements: The submission of a standardized test is not required for admission. However, by submitting the results of the SAT, ACT, IB Baccalaureate Diploma, or General Certificate of Education A levels, students can possibly receive college credit or be exempted from English language requirements.
689 total views, 1 views today