Applications are invited for Oslo Metropolitan University Scholarships in Norway. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||24 May 2018|
|Providers||:||Oslo Metropolitan University|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of Oslo Metropolitan University Scholarships:
- Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, position code 1017 NOK 432 700-466 100. By law, 2% of the salary is deducted as to the Norwegian State Pension Fund. The position adheres to the Norwegian Government’s policy that the national labour force should to the greatest possible extent reflect the diversity of the population. Therefore, we encourage qualified candidates with the immigrant background or reduced functional ability to apply for this position.
Eligibility for Oslo Metropolitan University Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant field with 120 ECTS or equivalent with an average grade of A (best grade) or B within a scale of A-E passing of grades, and Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with an average grade of C or higher.
- Some knowledge/experience in one or more of the following topics: artificial life, artificial intelligence, complex systems, bio-inspired methods.
- High motivation for the research work described above.
- Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Proficiency in programming in Python and other languages such as C++.
- Knowledge of artificial neural networks and machine learning frameworks (for example TensorFlow, Keras, or others) will be beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, plan and direct own work, and be goal-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in publishing academic works.
- Good pedagogical skills (both teaching and supervising) and an interest to further develop as an educator.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test),
IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)